Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

Mike Costigan
The Mike Costigan Group
RE/MAX Communities
Marietta, GA
http://www.guaranteedhomesales.com


At the age of 22, Mike Costigan was attending college and working part-time selling newspapers door-to-door. Without any certainty in his future career path Mike’s mother one day "challenged" him to get his real estate license, hoping that he could make something of himself. A few years later Mike’s career as an agent took off. Currently, at the age of 37, he is the #1 agent at the one of the world’s largest RE/MAX offices-RE/MAX Communities in Marietta, GA. He is ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and amongst the top 20 RE/MAX agents in North America. Mike has been awarded the RE/MAX Hall of Fame Award.

What is your personal background and how did you get into real estate?
"My background is in sales. My father has also been in sales all his life; I have sales in my blood. I’ve done plenty of nose-to-nose, toes-to-toes selling very hardcore stuff and I’ve always been the top guy-it was always in me."

What lessons did you learn from your family, friends, previous jobs, and life experiences that helped you most to succeed in your career?
"I have developed copywriting as a skill, which has become a hobby of mine. All great businesses start with one thing — marketing."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"I enjoy the marketing, writing the ad copy, and doing the TV and radio spots. I still do a small percentage of the listings."

Do you believe goals are important to your success?
"That has changed quite a bit in my business lately. I’ve always been very "seat of my pants" so to speak. I think this is probably a very common thing among people who are truly salespeople at heart. But as my business has grown, I have learned that it is critically important to have goals. I write out my goals every year."

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"Confidence and obsessiveness have made me more successful."
" I also have perseverance. I view failures and challenges as opportunities and learning experiences."
"I’ve got to mention a second big reason for my success… being surrounded by great people."

Are you over a billion for career sales or what do you estimate?
"I am 37 years old, so I have another 10-15 years. I have sold about $300 million, or so. I will easily hit a billion by the end of my career."


"It’s good to know that I can always create an overabundance when I need to." Does this sound too good to be true? This is a quote from Mike in his interview with Steve Kantor in "Billion Dollar Agents – Lessons Learned". Here’s a man who has really developed a skill for this, and it has allowed him to have an unlimited potential. In fact, he says he routinely generates too many leads for the stage he’s at in his business! Pick up the book today and you won’t want to put it down until you’ve read every word of Mike’s interview. Learn from Mike and the others by emailing editor@billiondollaragent.com to get your copy of the book today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?