Monday, January 15, 2007

 


Kristan Cole
The Kristan Cole Team
RE/MAX of Wasilla
Wasilla, AK
www.KristanCole.com


Kristan is originally from Nebraska. She moved to Alaska in 1969 when her dad went to work for the Alaska Railroad. After graduating high school, she went to college in Arizona, but returned to Alaska to begin her career in real estate. Whether she’s devoting time to her career or her hobbies, Kristan always holds herself to the highest standards. Determined, dedicated, and focused, she always strives to be her best in every situation. That’s why, as a real estate professional, she’s committed to providing the best service for her clients and for her team. Besides closing 365 sides in 2005 with the help of her team of 14, she’s a pilot; an avid outdoors person; a former Miss and Mrs. Alaska; and she and her husband, Brad, are raising five children.


What is your personal background and how did you get into realestate?
"My mother was a real estate agent. My parents pushed me to get my business degree in college, but initially I rebelled and studied engineering until I was totally miserable. I then switched majors and double majored in real estate and finance at the University of Arizona. I now have my MBA as well. I started in real estate right after college. I went to work for RE/MAX where my mother was a RE/MAX broker owner. Two years later l I got my broker license and decided to buy the company. I bought my Mom out and owned the company for three years, then sold the company and just became an agent."

What lessons did you learn from your family, friends, previous jobs, and life experiences that helped you most to succeed in your career?
"The most important thing I learned from family growing up was from my dad. My Dad taught us to work hard, and to have a good work ethic."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"After 23 years in the business, I can say I enjoy seeing the growth in my team and I enjoy the long-term relationships I have developed."

As you grew your business, what were your biggest challenges and what were the solutions that worked the best?
"I self discovered that if I wanted the business to grow, the single most important thing I could do was work on myself."

Do you believe goals are important to your success?
"I think goals are incredibly important. Goals are written dreams with a deadline. My husband and I go to Maui in October every year for 10 days. There we strategically think. We look at the big picture — big rocks, for our business and for our personal lives. 20% of what I do creates 80% of our business."

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"Hard work and leadership."

"Get up early, work as if it depends on you. Pray as if it depends on God, be outward focused not inward focused. Make sure that others get what they want first and you will get what you want.
Be a great leader. Leadership is the difference between success and failure."


Are you a Billion Dollar Agent or do you believe you will hit that level during your career?
"I estimate we have closed over $375 million so far, and I plan to reach one billion before I retire."


With a circulation of 8.600, Kristan's Team's 8-page full color newpaper reaches her area's customers. Sharing information on real estate, premier community citizenship and information on their giving back program, they have created a well known presence in the market. Steve Kantor interviews Kristan in "Billion Dollar Agent - Lessons Learned". You will want to read the book today as Kristan reveals how she has turned her team into one of the most successful teams in the country.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?