Thursday, January 04, 2007

 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bill Cain
RE/MAX Universal Realty Inc
Plymouth, WI
http://www.billcain.com/

What is your personal background and how did you get into real estate?
"I grew up in a small town -- Plymouth, Wisconsin. I got interested in construction and doing housing projects. I worked in steel construction and different things. We built one house in the winter, when it was slow, and we sold it in the spring. Then, we got paid in the spring when it sold."

"I worked in the trades. I wrote a business plan in my sophomore year of high school for a real estate company. It was a dream. I guess it was about 9 years later and I got into real estate. I saw that everyone in construction did not make it past age 40. I started an auction business out of high school. I went to auction school and was a good ring man and did the cattle and all sorts of auctions. People asked us if we could sell their farms. Auctions worked well to list the houses also."

What lessons did you learn from your family, friends, previous jobs, and life experiences that helped you most to succeed in your career?
"I learned about hard work and honesty. I learned to do it right the first time."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"I like the variety, the different people, how I can help people. I like to help them accomplish their goals and life changes."

Do you believe goals are important to your success?
"It is very important."

"I was a tape-aholic; I bought every set. I self-taught with the tapes and listened to them between appointments. I built a library. Tapes have been wonderful for me. I have done that for 20 years."

"Positive attitude is important and also never stop learning. Attitude is 100% of the game."

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"I guess hard work. It is not we can’t do, it is how we can get it done. Positive attitude is the one thing."

Did you make any big mistakes that you want to warn others about?
"I guess other people saying ‘you can’t do it.’"

"Shoot the gun instead of aim, aim, aim. You have to dream. Try some things within reason."


Bill has worked with a coach for many years. Learn how he takes what he has learned and applies it to his business. In his interview with Steve Kantor in "Billion Dollar Agent – Lessons Learned", he reveils his methods of building business such as the use of auctions. Using his unique talents in his marketing, he has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars doing benefit auctions. Read the book to discover these and Bill’s other marketing methods that have taken him to the top.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?