Saturday, December 02, 2006

 
Larry Thompson
Venture Realty
Family First Mortgage
Charlotte, North Carolina

Larry is 33 years old and runs four different businesses. They include a mortgage company, a real estate office, an investment business, and one for marketing of the mortgages.

What is your personal background and how did you get into real estate?
"I joined the Army National Guard during college to help with expenses and eventually became an Engineer Officer. The training in the Army was invaluable. I learned leadership and people skills that are not taught in school."

"I obtained by Real Estate license around 1999 and immediately started my own company. From there, I went to work with a Mortgage Broker and learned both sides of the business."

What lessons did you learn from your family, friends, previous jobs, and life experiences that helped you most to succeed in your career?
"Communication and having rapport with people and giving them whatever they want is key. Always display confidence in what you say and people will follow you. You must however do what you say you can do or you will lose everything."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"Making the deal itself. I love figuring it out."

Do you believe goals are important to your success?
"Absolutely. I started a few years ago after reading a book about setting goals and keeping them in front of you. "

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"Personally, I have a way of talking with people and putting them at ease and making any deal possible."

Did you make any big mistakes that you want to warn others about?
"I feel my biggest mistake is that I did not give up control quickly enough. I need to delegate more instead of continuing to put myself in the business to win a deal."


Do you have more buyers than sellers when dealing with foreclosures? Then you will want to read how Larry has fueled his foreclosure mix. In his interview, Broker, Larry Thompson also tells Steve Kantor about his top methods for marketing and why he uses these methods. Don’t miss out, read Larry’s full interview in the upcoming book, "Billion Dollar Agent – Lessons Learned."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?