Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Wade Klick
RE/MAX Results
Plymouth, MN
http://www.theklickgroup.com/


"I grew up the son of a carpenter. I helped him work on houses as a teenager as a way to earn money. After college I learned how to sell by working for a national health club chain. I knew that commission sales was how I wanted to make a living and the commissions on homes were a lot larger than health club memberships."

What about your background, lessons from your family, friends, and previous jobs helped you succeed in your career?
"When I was in health club sales for Bally, I learned about prospecting. I used to put out boxes to sign up for a two-week free membership and convert them to a membership. Selling real estate is similar; how many people you get in contact with and what your conversion ratio is. That is what sales is all about. How many people you are in contact with, how many you can convert into an appointment and how many convert into a sale; each one is a different skill set."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"The most passionate thing that I have is projects. I am not emotional about it. I like finding market niches and creating systems to exploit them."

Do you set written goals for your business and life?
"Yes, I have had written goals before I started in real estate. I started in 1987 with my first plan. I read a book called, More Wealth Without Risk by Charles Given. Then I went into the goal setting and brainstorming section. I asked myself the question "If you could have anything, what would it be?"

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"I have always figured out what is profitable and increased my marketing and lead generation to take advantage of opportunity before others. When markets change we have changed our business with the market."

"Are you over a billion for career sales?"
"The highest year was $85 million from 1999-2005 for a total of around $500 million. Now I am building a shopping mall worth $5 million."


Want to learn more about Wade's secrets? Read "Billion Dollar Agent – Lessons Learned" for his entire interview with Steve Kantor. Wade shares his top marketing, lead generation, and prospecting tips - You won't want to miss this!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?