Thursday, November 30, 2006

 
Russell Shaw
The Russell Shaw Group
John Hall & Associates
Phoenix, AZ
http://www.russellshawrealtor.com/

Russell Shaw (CRS and GRI designations) has listed and sold residential real estate since 1978, making him a 28-year veteran with John Hall & Associates. He has consistently ranked among the top 1% of all agents since 1991. In 2002 he and his team took 504 listings and ranked 28th among all agents in the United States for total number of transactions closed.

Russell is a high profile, well-known agent in his area thanks to the celebrity status afforded him by his weekly radio and TV ad campaigns. Together, he and his wife, Wendy, sell more homes than any other agent in Arizona. Russell has been a featured speaker during the past three years at CRS’ Sell-a-Bration and has also spoken at NAR conventions, as well as routinely speaking at various real estate offices and meetings across the nation.

What is your personal background and how did you get into real estate?
"I used to sell life insurance and hated it. I did tons of radio production and broadcasting from a comedy standpoint. I did not know what else to do. I needed to get some money and I knew that I did not want to sell cars so I wound up in real estate."

What lessons did you learn from your family, friends, previous jobs, and life experiences that helped you most to succeed in your career?
"What was successful for me was when I took my background in broadcasting and radio and I would write comedy in exchange for 10 free commercials a week. It took me a year until the phone began to ring."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"I like strategic planning of how to move to the next level."

Do you believe goals are important to your success?
"Goals are vital to my success. What I used to do was an involved and complicated effort. I used to spend a lot of time on affirmations and working out the correct affirmation."

What marketing advice would you give to someone at $100,000 who wants to get to $200,000 and more?
"I would tell them to read The 22 Immutable Rules of Marketing, by Ries & Trout. The principles will work. Whatever they are doing to get to $100,000, just double it, do not go looking for something new."

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"My willingness to see when someone else is smarter than me and to just step back and let them do it. My ability to delegate to others is a good quality too."


Interested in using TV and radio to build your business? Russell attributes his profitability to being leads driven and has usen TV and radio as his vehicles of choice. Even through a period where he fought and then over came cancer, his business has moved forward. A truely remarkable man, his full interview in "Billion Dollar Agent – Lessons Learned" is one not to be missed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?