Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 
Blake Mayes
RE/MAX Capital CityBoise, ID
http://www.blakemayes.com/


What is your personal background and how did you get into real estate?
"I had an agent who sold me a house, about 11-12 years ago. It was a difficult transaction and they thought I would be good. I was a barber. I was only 23 years old. The house I lived in had a fire and I ended up losing a lot of the house and decided I wanted to move. The agent listed my house and sold me her own home."

What lessons did you learn from your family, friends, previous jobs, and life experiences that helped you most to succeed in your career?
"Growing up, my family did not have much money. I was used to working pretty hard from my parents. I was tired of being poor. I was willing to work as hard as possible to make money. I was able to watch a successful agent as a mentor."

What do you enjoy most about the business?
"I like the freedom and diversity. It is not mundane."

Do you believe goals are important to your success?
"I think goals are extremely important and I set goals a lot. I read my goals daily. One of my goals is to be a coach or motivational speaker."

What marketing advice would you give to someone at $100,000 who wants to get to $200,000 and more?
"I do not think there are magic words. I think new agents are looking for magic words. For me, it is direct correlation in work effort and what comes from it. There is not an easy way to do this business."

What single quality has made you more successful than others?
"I was more willing to go meet clients in-person, especially the banks. I was able to develop face-to-face relationships."

Are you A Billion-Dollar Agent or do you believe you will hit that level during your career?
"I am over $500 million so far and it is very early in my career."


This excerpt was taken from the new book "Billion Dollar Agent – Lessons Learned" due out in paperback December 2006. Want to find out how Blake stays on top of New Customer Marketing – Lead Generation – Prospecting? To read Blake's full interview and see how he does it, read the full book, "Lessons Learned - Billion Dollar Agent".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?