Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 


Matt Battiata
Battiata Real Estate Group
http://www.noriskorobligation.com/
Carlsbad, CA

Originally from Washington, DC, Matt is a graduate of Tulane University (BA). Before starting his real estate career, Matt was a former Tall Ship Captain (100 ton USCG license) and more recently the CEO and Creative Director of the Pacific Northwest advertising firm NBP Inc. A licensed real estate broker, he was named the #1 agent in California / #5 worldwide in 2001 (RE Int.) and has been the #1 agent in North San Diego County for the past three years in a row.

TRANSITION INTO REAL ESTATE
“In 1999 I moved to San Diego and branched into real estate when I found out that my wife’s friend in Seattle was becoming very successful at real estate, making more money than I was.”

LIFE LESSONS
“My parents are first generation immigrants from Sicily. They had a real immigrant mentality of hard work. This was instilled in my siblings and me while growing up.”

STAFFING DYNAMIC
“I have a different model than most real estate businesses. I have six employees who are all licensed but only two of these employees are listing agents. Most are utilized as showing agents.”
MARKETING
“We spend 25% of our revenue on marketing. 70% of that budget is television-based advertising for sellers. When I started doing TV a year ago, I stopped direct mailing. I wanted to increase my business and felt that TV was the right avenue. As a result, I found that direct mailing was much more important than I had estimated.”

REFERRAL BUSINESS
“We think that the amount of business we receive from client repeats/referrals is relatively low, maybe 10%.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?