Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Lester F Cox
Lester F. Cox Realty Executives-The Cox Team
Number 1 Realty Executives Agent,
Phoenix Arizona
http://www.coxteamaz.com


Lester Cox has been the Number 1 producing Realty Executives Agent in Arizona for the last 3 years; he is currently ranked #3 worldwide and is the recipient of the R. Dale Rector Award, given to just one agent and the highest award given by Realty Executives in Arizona.

TRANSITION INTO REAL ESTATE
"I was in the Air Force from 1966 to 1970. I really did not have many choices. As I was getting out of Air Force, they had a program where you could reintroduce yourself into civilian life by working part time at a civilian job. I knew I liked real estate so I worked in a real estate office with Kowalski Real Estate. It was a fairly laid back environment, kind of like you would imagine a real estate office in Mayberry on the Andy Griffiths TV show. But I was able to learn enough to know I liked the business and the people were wonderful."

WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT THE BUSINESS?
"When you can empathize with the customer, you can really figure out how to best help them achieve their dreams and open new chapters in their lives. I have a passion for the business, always have had and if that ever fades, I’ll get out. And, I always remember that commissions are simply a by-product of doing a great job for people. "

SINGLE SUCCESS QUALITY
"I am extremely competitive. I also know how to work hard and play hard. As well, my Dad taught me when I was 10 or 11 years old, that if you are going to do something, then do it right the first time. Don't take shortcuts. It takes the same amount of time to do the job right. So, if I am going to be in real estate why not do it with all my energy and passion. "

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOALS?
"Goals are absolutely important and they have to be written so you can visit them frequently. I do a goal setting session at the end of every year. I do a goal setting session at the end of every year for the next year. I also keep a dream book where I have my goals, wants, wishes and dreams for the next year, 5 years, and 10 years written. "

BASIC NUMBERS
"In 2005, my team worked together to close 479 transactions with over $88 million in gross sales. "

"I have never calculated totals, but having been in the real estate business for over 35 years and with various homebuilders that I have represented as sales manger and other executives’ offices, I’m sure it must be over a billion dollars by this point. If not, a billion yet, I must be darn close and barring some fatality, I surely will surpass this mark."

Read Lester's Full Interview in "Billion Dollar Agent – Lessons Learned" the book

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?